jeudi 20 mars 2008

Yeah New York, Yeah Big Apple!

Think I may use what little time I have left before I jet off to quickly post. In the next hour I'm leaving for NY, and for once I'm actually packed and organised more than 10 minutes before we leave the house. I'm actually sitting around waiting to leave - this is surely a first!
It's been a crazy and somewhat upsetting 24 hours, but I think I'm back to being happy and excited about having a good time!

Last night I was sitting at the beach in an OC-style display of [fruitless] teen angst. Although unlike Newport, it must have been about 3 degrees... I suddenly saw 2 orange fireworks/flares followed by a repetitive, rhythmic flashing light. I know I love a drama, but I was honestly convinced that I could save someone in danger at sea and I was finally going to get a Pride of Britain award. I was properly freaking out!
I phoned the police, who put me through to the coastguard who informed me that it was military aircraft patrolling the coast. But 'WELL DONE!' for calling anyway. Gutted!

I've got a lovely, HUGE, black leather holdall packed and my iPhone loaded with Grand designs; I'm probably going to put MK and A to shame!

Bisous

2 commentaires:

Kool Thing a dit…

I'm so glad it wasn't a ship in distress! First thing this morning, I knocked a mug of coffee over my stupid barely-working phone and now the buttons won't work. I have messages that I can't read, I can't access any numbers. It's driving me insane. Have fun my dear! I'm so jealous! XXXX

Ana a dit…

Have fun. I heart NYC.
stop by my blog.
x.ana