lundi 19 novembre 2007

I'm just crazy about Cavalli!

Well, not entirely - but I couldn't skirt around posting about this forever!
I must say, I have mixed feelings about this collection and I can't figure out if it's on the right or the wrong side of tacky. Don't get me wrong; I love a little bit of animal print here and there, but a whole floor length dress in Leopard print silk?! Well, you either have to be seriously fierce to pull it off, or else you're just going to look seriously deluded!
I do think that the ad campaign did the clothes justice though - the girls all look glamorous and as if they've have so much fun. If that's not enough to persuade you to consider buying, I don't know what is!


My Favourite!



Now onto some of the high (and low!) lights of the collection;


I quite like this, the shape is nice. But probably only flattering on the very slender.

I hate this jacket. It makes me want to take a pair of shears to it - the tassels are just so unnecessary.

I really like this, the proportions are just perfect.

I like the detail around the neckline, but the lurex is hideous.

This piece could go either way because if it were too short you'd look like a barmaid. I think that a this dress would be perfect for me if it was knee length or slightly longer.

Keeping the same detail around the neck, but in white (with that ridiculous bow tie) it's a complete disaster.

But change the colour and wow! I love it, the plainer black lets the shape take centre stage without overpowering. I'd love to wear this outfit, and call me tacky, but I'd love those jeans to be shortened to hotpants!

Thoughts, Opinions?

8 commentaires:

Jackie a dit…

I actually disagree, the ad campaign looks like a big tacky mess.
Maybe at a sophisticated party and having fun? Or just a plain backdrop and like jumping around... But I think the whole thing with the partying and I don't know....

Lauren a dit…

i really like some of those dresses - too bad there is no H&M in sight around me...

happy thanksgiving :)

Kate a dit…

I like some of the collection, but my local H&M doesn't carry it. The dresses are my favorite pieces.

Kristin a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
Kristin a dit…

ahhh. i love the campaign but im so so so disappointed with the collection.

Ana a dit…

i like the ad ampaign. i think cavalli is just a slightly over the top even a bit tacky, gilded brand.

AFitz a dit…

Did you know Cavalli is designing the clothes for the Spice Girls reunion tour?

Anonyme a dit…

Merci pour cette information interessante