jeudi 8 novembre 2007

Olsen Fever!

Ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted to emulate the styles of Mary-Kate and Ashley. It has always been so relevant to what I wanted to be like. And now it's no different.

I really admire the way these girls make their choices. Take Mary-Kate for example; she was highlighted as a major style icon in the UK's Times for making outfit choices like a fashion editor, straight from the runway while her peers simply rocked out on Louboutins or what ever Ms Zoë had picked out for them this week. She was criticised by many over her unique look whilst and NYU, appropriately named 'Bag Lady Chic', however she insists that she wasn't trying to make an example - she was simply trying to keep warm.


1. MK does casual chic with a latte, cowboy boots and an oversized scarf.

2. Effortless Glamour in a gorgeous vintage sequin dress which inspired a similar one
available in her lower priced, sportswear range 'Elizabeth and James'

3. Street Style in edgy Black

and just out of interest - http://tinyurl.com/2kf28a

I have always felt that Ashley's style was rather more similar too my own; slightly more classic, tailored pieces. She has always been feminine and well put together, even as an excessively girly-girl in 'Two of a Kind'! She tends to go for timeless elegance with deluxe accessories and always heels achieving a different, more 'Grown Up' Glamour than her sister.


1. Ashley in white looking bronzed and glowing

2. Looking clean cut in a sharp blue shirt, skinnies, the ubiquitous wayfarers and some killer wedges to toughen up the look.

3. In a pale blue dress with pretty, blown out hair and livening the outfit with a bright blue clutch and black peep toes.

One can only imagine where these girls will go next!

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Love it, love them! they are my fashion icons...but im i bit more vintage myself.

Flora Korkis a dit…

I love Ashley's style, but MK's style isn't really appealing to me.

Ciao honey! I look forward to more of your posts.

Anonyme a dit…

i believe the sequin dress mary-kate is wearing is vintage. she recreated it a few months after wearing it for her elizabeth & james line. you should fix it. :]

& i've always like mary-kate better

We Bite The Sharks a dit…

Oh my! I am in LOVE with this post...mainly because those two, lindsay lohan, and marilyn monroe are my loves!

UGH, I would love to see more posts about the girls...