mardi 10 juin 2008

Is there a box for Princess Syndrome?

Last night I was 15 minutes late in picking Hope up from Brownies. It was just one thing wrong after another. I had no petrol, Emma and I were trying to decide on our ice lollies, and then when finally making it to the hell hole of Laurencekirk finding out only one car could fit down the main road at a time! We eventually had to stop and ask for directions and finally found the soft play area next to the dump and what looked like an abandoned warehouse. Charming. I felt bad though, it's terrible to be the last person picked up. I need to get more organised or else I'll be a terrible mother. Luckily my sister was sweetened up with some chips and some photo taking and we sped back to civilisation.
My darlings are all off to Malia in Greece this week, hopefully you're all having a fabulous time and I'm excited to see you when you get back.

On Saturday I got my accommodation application pack through for university halls for September. However, I find the form I have to fill in ridiculously brief; I have to summarise my personality in three tick-boxes.
The provided are; Quiet, Outgoing, Friendly, Night person, Morning person and Tidy. Hardly complex. If you don't find that you as a person are fully covered by these options, there are two spaces for your own suggestions.
There are eight leisure interests that it is possible for you to have, these include; going to pubs, going to concerts, going to parties - you get the idea.
I almost feel as though I should write an accompanying essay to describe myself. I couldn't handle going down there and having to spend a year in a flat with people I can't bear and who may be expecting something different to the Outgoing ✓ Friendly ✓ Morning person ✗. I personally don't feel I can limit myself to three ticks.

I had a singing competition yesterday, hilarious for the usual, obvious reasons. I didn't do my best, but the adjudicator was a patronising old woman; overly expressive regarding music and completely pretentious. Nothing new then.
I parked in possibly the worst space ever yesterday, I don't know why Hetty and I thought it was quite so spectacular and I sort of tapped the next car's mirror. But I swear, my driving has improved!

Today I went to Jenna's and we watched The Devil Wears Prada. I love that movie, I want to be just like Miranda when I'm old, but only for her hotness. Probably don't want to be quite so much of a bitch. I love how New York looks, and I want to be in Paris every time I see the Eiffel Tower sparkling!

Oh, and I'm so proud tonight. I cooked something that wasn't from a recipe that people not only found edible, but actually liked. I basically just couldn't cook - until now!

♥ Holly

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

You write very well.