dimanche 4 mai 2008

Le week-end

Friday, Hetty and I actually showed up for our scheduled classes together - this is certainly a first in a long time. We went to the good Starbucks for lunch and split a Skinny lemon and poppyseed muffin and had our lattes. I prefer the icing, she prefers the sponge; we're pretty much a match made in heaven! I spent about 30 minutes that day in the car park trying to find a space. I'm pretty bad with car parks, getting the car into small spaces - particularly without the luxury of the disabled badge (sshh!) - is not exactly a strong point. We were on time for life drawing and had a model for the first time this block. He stripped down to his sports shorts and lay across a piece of black cloth. We totally couldn't draw him, I kept making the poor guy look emaciated.

Yesterday at work I took part in a cyclathon to raise funds for the John Lewis charity of the year; "The Wallace and Gromit Foundation" which is an umbrella charity helping sick and terminally ill children across the UK. Partners signed up to do 20 minutes on an exercise bike in the middle of the busy shopping centre and customers would guess the amount that would be cycled in 18 hours and made donations. I was told that the maximum already cycled had been 6.9 miles and being crazy competitive I took it upon myself to beat that. Unfortunately I only managed 6.3, but when I thought of the cals I wasn't too upset.

Work today was insanely boring. The day seemed to last forever and nothing interesting was happening. I had a few nice customers and spent my lunch break eating pineapple and finishing the Jenna Jameson autobiography leant to me from Hetty. I loved it! I wandered over to the Haberdashery to hang out with my ladies there and look at all the pretty fabrics and sequins and discuss sewing and knitting and patterns and talk about fountain pens! However, I managed to stay there for a worrying amount of time and apparently everyone was searching for me! I got dragged back to do shoes but spent the rest of the day tidying up and talking to everyone. It was fun.
I took ages to get home and went to Sains, mes parents were not happy! They still panic about me journeying alone, being a new driver and all. I forgot to tell them and they freaked out a little. It's ok, we're over it now.

I'm sitting at home with some champagne - who knows why, my Dad seems to give us it a lot these days - and watching Grand Designs live. Tomorrow we're going to St. Andrews to visit my darling Aimee!

♥ Holly

1 commentaire:

Kool Thing a dit…

You're finished the Jenna book already?! That is crazy! It took me FOUR days! That'll be your competitiveness coming through. Oh, and good work with the cycling. That's like 220 cals! Nuts! XXXX